Sound of Science (workshop)
The Sound of Science workshop is designed for a class of 30 children. It works better in a venue larger than a single classroom if possible, as it makes a lot of noise!
This workshop requires the use of a large, well-ventilated room, and as there is an enhanced risk of spreading respiratory diseases, we will currently only be able to run it for one class during a visit.
What is a sound? Your children explore the similarities and differences when making noise in a carousel of activities.
By getting hands-on with a variety of vibrating noise-makers, your students discover for themselves how different objects make different sounds, how these can be changed and how we can use them to make music.
The Sound of Science Workshop works in tandem with the Sound of Science Show, but can also be booked on its own.
- Year 1 Programme of Study: Animals, including humans
- Lower Key Stage 2 Programme of Study: Working scientifically
- Year 4 Programme of Study: Sound
- Upper Key Stage 2 Programme of Study: Working scientifically
- Year 5 Programme of Study: Animals, including humans
Contact our schools team with any questions on [email protected].
Back to previous page