Our experienced schools team is here to support your teaching and learning in STEM, and to get the most out of us you might want to think about joining our popular school membership scheme.
There are a great range of membership benefits for both staff and pupils:
- Bespoke support and enrichment activities.
Select a FREE activity from one of the following science enrichment options:
Twilight CPD Sessions
Always popular, our fun and informative 90-minute professional development sessions for teachers are perfect for science-based staff meetings or as part of an INSET day. Choose from our sessions designed to help to develop science practise in your school.
Support for Teachers
Are you interested in running your own science fair? Would you like to revamp science displays in school? Need enrichment opportunities for your class or help sorting the science cupboard? Whether it’s a 1-1 session with your science leader, an audit of your resources or ongoing support via email, we’d love to hear how we can help you and your school.
After School Sessions
As part of a full-day booking, we can support parental engagement in science by repeating a shortened version of a show or providing interactive scientific activities for children to explore with their families at the end of the school day. For example, we recently ran an extra planetarium show for a school’s ‘science champions’ to share with their families. Choose from our selection of shows and workshops here.
School Fair Activities
We’ll provide fun hands-on science activities for your school fair. Depending on how and when your fair runs, we can lead the activities ourselves or combine it with your free kit loan and teach you, your TAs or pupils how to run the activities for your visitors. Choose from our selection of Kit Loan here.
Your membership also includes:
- Two weeks of free kit loan from our extensive collection of activities.
- A 20% discount on all workshop/show bookings for the year.
- Preferential booking for free workshops and CPD as part of Science Oxford funded projects.
- Become part of a growing network of teachers sharing best practise, teaching ideas and tried and tested activities.
- Bespoke advice regarding STEM teaching and learning, outreach opportunities and (for secondary schools) linking with local businesses.
- A monthly e-newsletter updating you on new STEM resources, funding opportunities and news.
- A membership certificate for display in school
To discuss your plans and find out how Science Oxford can help, email [email protected] or give us a call on 01865 810000.
We will always try to support your school in the very best way possible but that we are a small organisation and availability for various options may be limited. Please note that Science Oxford staff are not usually available to run activities on weekends or bank holidays.