Our STEM Careers programme reaches over 1000 secondary school students every year. In order to do this, we rely on STEM-related employers in the Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire region to support our programme and help us to inspire the next generation of scientists.
Would your company like to be involved with local schools? Would you like to raise the profile of your business locally? Inspire and inform young people about STEM careers and help to improve their employability skills? Our business partners (individuals and organisations) share their time and knowledge with young people (and quite often offices or laboratories too), to show them what a career in a STEM subject might look like, how a STEM business runs and to share their passion for research and discovery.
We are always looking to meet new people and businesses who might be interested in working with secondary schools in Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire. Science Oxford has an experienced team of science education professionals who can help you find the perfect match for your organisation.
Why work with us?
Working with Science Oxford’s STEM Careers Programme is rewarding and engaging, and can form a part of your corporate social responsibility (CSR) strategy. It also gives your organisation the opportunity to play a part in informing and encouraging young people about their future choices and inspiring them about STEM careers.
Partnering with Science Oxford on our STEM Careers Programme gives local businesses and organisations a wide range of benefits by:
- Contributing to your company’s CSR strategy
- Helping address the shortfall of STEM-skilled workers coming through education and into employment in our region.
- Connecting your business or organisation with young people in your area and the local community.
- Providing professional development opportunities to your staff, such as developing communication or organisational skills.
- Raising the profile of your organisation locally and future employment opportunities to a new generation.
Read below about the activities we offer and how businesses and organisations can get involved, or download our brochure.
For more information, contact us at [email protected].