Applications are now open for our next STEM Summer Experience from 24th July – 4th August 2023.
This free programme will give students in years 12 and 13 interested in careers in STEM the opportunity to gain relevant skills, experience and expertise over a two-week period in the summer holidays.
This year’s STEM Summer Experience, running from the Science Oxford Centre, has a coding and robotics focus. The two weeks will be jam-packed daily from 9am to 4pm with activities with leading STEM organisations in and around Oxfordshire. We’re pleased to have GE Healthcare on board as a partner, bringing their wealth of knowledge of the STEM world of work across a range of STEM industries.
Places are limited for this incredible opportunity – only 15 in total. So send your applications in soon!
Students – what will you achieve by taking part?
- Learn more about STEM Careers from local STEM companies and industry professionals through workshops, talks and tutor time. You will receive mentorship and first-hand advice on careers
- Gain awareness of the type of jobs available by studying STEM subjects
- Ask questions directly to STEM professionals about different career paths
- Learn new skills to give you a great start in STEM, such as how to write a CV, through training provided by our expert in-house team
- Tackle a coding and robotics project, where you will build and code your own robot and put it to the test, at your own pace over the fortnight. This will make you eligible to apply for a Gold CREST Award (recognised by employers). You’ll have the opportunity to present your project to the group and mentors at the end of the summer.
- Advice on how to be aware of your own mental health and wellbeing when dealing with difficult challenges
- A certificate of achievement for taking part
- May – Applications open
- Friday 30th June – Applications close
- Friday 7th July – Feedback on applications
- 24th July to 4 August 2023 – STEM Summer Experience
The application form needs to be completed by students, parents/guardians and teachers, so give yourself plenty of time before the deadline.
To apply, please download and complete the application form and return to [email protected] by Friday 30th June 2023.
To keep up-to-date with all of the activities we offer for secondary schools, please sign up to our newsletter here. For further information contact [email protected].