Half Term Family Day (26 Oct)
Visit the Science Oxford Centre this half term for a spell of spooky science for all the family. Conjure up chromatography-bats and explore the science of colour, and brave the pumpkin trail in our forbidden forest to figure out the magic word and win a prize. Get hands-on and try out secret experiments in the Exploration Zone, where trainee wizards can make flying frights hover above the Air Table – and see a hidden world come to light with our Curious Camera. Families can get close-up with mini-beasts and creepy crawlies with our Microscopes, or take an aquatic adventure with our outdoor Water Lab – we recommend you bring a change of wizarding outfits!
Your ticket includes two hours in the Exploration Zone and access to woodland all day.
Families are welcome to bring a picnic, or visit the Skogen cafe for light lunches, snacks and hot and cold drinks between 10am and 3pm.
The health and well-being of our visitors and staff is our highest priority. Following Government guidance from July 19th 2021 onwards, here are some steps we are taking to keep you safe:
- All tickets must still be booked in advance.
- We will be keeping our reduced capacity per session.
- Inside the Science Oxford Centre will be kept well ventilated with doors and windows open.
- Regular cleaning will take place throughout the day.
- Face coverings are not required but are recommended for visitors inside the Centre (age 11+).
- Hand sanitizer is available upon entering and exiting the Science Oxford Centre and in the Exploration Zone.
- There is car parking and bike racks available for all visitors on weekends to reduce the need to take public transport.
- Full contact details of those booking a ticket are required to comply with test and trace. QR codes for the Test & Trace app are available upon entry to the centre.
- If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day (you can do this yourself via Eventbrite or contact us if you have any issues).
For information on our terms and conditions visit here.
Science Oxford Centre
Stansfeld Park, Quarry Rd, Headington, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page