Family Day (13 Nov)
Visit the Science Oxford Centre for a unique family experience this November. Explore, discover and play in our Exploration Zone, pick up an activity sheet and follow our woodland nature trails.
Children and grown-ups alike have fun experimenting with interactive exhibits in the Exploration Zone, where you can create and test flying designs at the Air Table, marvel at momentum with spinning discs at the Turntable, and try to beat the Scarf-shooter. Mini-engineers can build a giant magnetic ball run, or test what’s hot and what’s not with the Curious Camera. Brainiacs can solve puzzles, light up circuits and get the cogs whirring with our fun, mind-melting activities.
Whilst in the Exploration Zone, you can also create and test your own wind turbine – which shapes work best and how can turbines be used to generate power? Find out about this and why wind power is part of the COP26 agenda, during this make and take activity (included as part of your indoor session).
Your ticket includes two hours in the Exploration Zone and access to woodland all day. Please wear suitable clothing and note the woodland will close at 4.30pm, with last entrance recommended no later than 4pm.
Visit the Skogen Cafe at the Centre between 10am and 4pm for refreshments, snacks and light lunches, or families are welcome to bring their own.
The health and well-being of our visitors and staff is our highest priority. Following Government guidance from July 19th 2021 onwards, here are some steps we are taking to keep you safe:
- All tickets must still be booked in advance.
- We will be keeping our reduced capacity per session.
- Inside the Science Oxford Centre will be kept well ventilated with doors and windows open.
- Regular cleaning will take place throughout the day.
- Face coverings are not required but are recommended for visitors inside the Centre (age 11+).
- Hand sanitizer is available upon entering and exiting the Science Oxford Centre and in the Exploration Zone.
- There is car parking and bike racks available for all visitors on weekends to reduce the need to take public transport.
- Full contact details of those booking a ticket are required to comply with test and trace. QR codes for the Test & Trace app are available upon entry to the centre.
- If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day (you can do this yourself via Eventbrite or contact us if you have any issues).
For information on our terms and conditions visit here.
For more details about the Science Oxford Centre and what we are doing to keep you safe, please call us on 01865 810 000, [email protected] or see Science Oxford Centre visitor information.
Science Oxford Centre
Quarry Rd, Headington, Oxford, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page