Sold Out: Half Term Family Day (23 Feb)
Visit the Science Oxford Centre for a unique family experience this half term. Explore, discover and play in the Exploration Zone, pick up an activity sheet and follow our winter woodland nature trails.
Drop by our ‘Live Lab’ activity station and explore an array of animal skulls! What do they tell you about the creatures and how are they related? Find out more with our team on the day. This drop-in activity is included as part of your 2-hour Exploration Zone session, thanks to Evolution Education Trust.
Children and grown-ups alike have fun experimenting with interactive exhibits in the Exploration Zone, where you can create and test flying designs at the Air Table, marvel at momentum with spinning discs at the Turntable, and try to beat the Scarf-shooter. Mini-engineers can build a giant magnetic ball run, or test what’s hot and what’s not with the Curious Camera. Brainiacs can solve puzzles, light up circuits and get the cogs whirring with our fun, mind-melting activities.
Your ticket includes two hours in the Exploration Zone and access to woodland all day. Please wear suitable clothing and note the woodland will close at 4.30pm, with last entrance recommended no later than 4pm.
Skogen Café will be open to Family Day visitors between 10am-1pm and 2-4pm only.
- If you would like to have lunch, please order food before 12:30pm – we would encourage ordering lunch items on arrival to avoid disappointment.
- Between 1-2pm the café will close to visitors (in this time it will be serving our Innovation Centre clients only).
- Our theatre will be open for additional café seating. The decking and outdoor canopy area will also be available for sitting and eating.
The health and well-being of our visitors and staff is our highest priority. Following Government guidance, here are some steps we are taking to keep you safe:
- If you are testing positive, showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day (you can do this yourself via Eventbrite or contact us if you have any issues).
- We request that visitors wear face coverings inside the Centre (age 11+).
- All tickets must still be booked in advance.
- We will be keeping our reduced capacity per session.
- Inside the Science Oxford Centre will be kept well ventilated with doors and windows open.
- Regular cleaning will take place throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer is available upon entering and exiting the Science Oxford Centre and in the Exploration Zone.
- Usually there is only parking available at weekends, not during the week – we will know nearer the time if we have any spaces, please contact us for disabled priority parking. There are bike racks available.
- Full contact details of those booking a ticket are required to comply with test and trace. QR codes for the Test & Trace app are available upon entry to the centre.
For information on our terms and conditions visit here.
Science Oxford Centre
Quarry Rd, Headington, Oxford, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page