Sensory-friendly Family Day (2 April)
Visit the Science Oxford Centre for our Sensory-friendly day with a reduced visitor capacity, to better accommodate and support families who experience autism and/or have other additional needs. Explore, discover and play in the Exploration Zone, pick up an activity sheet and follow our woodland trails.
Before your visit, we recommend viewing or downloading our Family Day Visit – Visual Story, to help familiarise you and your family with the site ahead of your arrival.
Powerpoint slide deck: Visual Story Science Oxford Centre
During your visit, we please ask that everyone respects the space and needs of others, so that everyone can enjoy their time at the Science Oxford Centre in a way that is comfortable for them. If you require use of a quiet space during your visit, please ask a member of staff for assistance. We also have noise-cancelling headphones available on request.
Your ticket includes two hours in the Exploration Zone and access to woodland all day. Our ever-popular Water Lab is back with a splash from April – please bring a change of clothing.
Checkout our virtual 360 tour of the Exploration Zone and accessible resources here.
In celebration of Autism Acceptance Week 28th March-3rd April.
Please note, there is an additional and separate ticket required for the ‘Nature Lab’, which is running on the same day and involves activities in the Classroom and around the ponds (see below).
Visit the Skogen Café at the Centre between 10am and 4pm
For information on our terms and conditions visit here.
- We recommend booking tickets in advance
- We request that visitors wear face coverings inside the Centre (age 11+)
- We have reduced capacities for our indoor activities
- The Science Oxford Centre will be well ventilated, with windows and doors open
- Hand sanitizer is available upon entering, inside and on exiting the Science Oxford Centre
- If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day (you can do this yourself via Eventbrite or contact us if you have any issues).
Science Oxford welcomes all children to our events. If you or your child has additional needs, please get in touch to discuss how we can best support your child to make the most of the club. Contact [email protected].
Phone – 01865 810000
Email – [email protected]
If anyone would like to attend but finance is a barrier, we can support visits thanks to Austin-Pilkingtons Trust grant.
Science Oxford Centre
Quarry Rd, Headington, Oxford, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page