Family Open Day (28 November) Cancelled
This event has been cancelled in line with new Government restrictions from 5 November to prevent the spread of COVID-19. You can request a refund or you can transfer your ticket/s to one of our Family Open Days in December.
A unique science-themed experience for families. We encourage children to play and explore, design their own experiments and make their own discoveries. Get hands-on in the amazing Exploration Zone and try and beat the super-fast Scarf-shooter, have a blast on the Air Table, or tackle our Turntable challenge and keep the discs spinning. Get up-close to nature and see bugs and plants under our microscopes, then take a breath of fresh air and find out what wildlife lives in the surrounding woodland. Just ask one of our team for a trail sheet to get started! Your ticket includes two hours in the Exploration Zone and access to woodland all day.
The health and well-being of our visitors and staff is our highest priority. Following Government recommendations to minimise the risk of person-to-person transmission of Coronavirus (COVID-19) here are some steps we are taking to keep you safe:
• All tickets must be booked in advance.
• All visitors must adhere to the rule of six (includes under 3s)
• There’s car parking and bike racks available for all visitors.
• We will be operating at a reduced capacity per session.
• All visitors must sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the Science Oxford Centre.
• Exhibits in the Exploration Zone have been widely spaced to allow for social distancing.
• Our staff will wear visors or face masks in the centre.
• Face coverings are required for visitors inside the centre (age 11+).
• We will clean everything regularly and replace hands-on exhibit accessories between sessions.
• Full contact details of those booking a ticket are required to comply with test and trace. QR codes for the Test & Trace app are available upon entry to the centre.
• The café is closed until further notice but you are welcome to bring packed lunches and refreshments on site. We have outdoor tables available for public use.
• If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day.
For information on our terms and conditions visit here.
For more details about the Science Oxford Centre and what we are doing to keep you safe, please call us on 01865 810 000, [email protected] or see Science Oxford Centre visitor information here.
Prices: £6 per person or £20 for a family ticket (4 people, must include 1 adult) under 3s free.
Before your visit you’ll receive an email with helpful information about how to have a safe and enjoyable day out at the Science Oxford Centre.
Science Oxford Centre
Stansfeld Park, Quarry Rd, Headington, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page