Family Open Day (21 November) Cancelled
This event has been cancelled in line with new Government restrictions from 5 November to prevent the spread of COVID-19. You can request a refund or you can transfer your ticket/s to one of our Family Open Days in December.
A unique science-themed experience for families. We encourage children to play and explore, design their own experiments and make their own discoveries. Get hands-on in the amazing Exploration Zone and try and beat the super-fast Scarf-shooter, have a blast on the Air Table, or tackle our Turntable challenge and keep the discs spinning. Get up-close to nature and see bugs and plants under our microscopes, then take a breath of fresh air and find out what wildlife lives in the surrounding woodland. Just ask one of our team for a trail sheet to get started! Your ticket includes two hours in the Exploration Zone and access to woodland all day.
The health and well-being of our visitors and staff is our highest priority. Following Government recommendations to minimise the risk of person-to-person transmission of Coronavirus (COVID-19) here are some steps we are taking to keep you safe:
• All tickets must be booked in advance.
• All visitors must adhere to the rule of six (includes under 3s)
• There’s car parking and bike racks available for all visitors.
• We will be operating at a reduced capacity per session.
• All visitors must sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the Science Oxford Centre.
• Exhibits in the Exploration Zone have been widely spaced to allow for social distancing.
• Our staff will wear visors or face masks in the centre.
• Face coverings are required for visitors inside the centre (age 11+).
• We will clean everything regularly and replace hands-on exhibit accessories between sessions.
• Full contact details of those booking a ticket are required to comply with test and trace. QR codes for the Test & Trace app are available upon entry to the centre.
• The café is closed until further notice but you are welcome to bring packed lunches and refreshments on site. We have outdoor tables available for public use.
• If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day.
For information on our terms and conditions visit here.
Prices: £6 per person or £20 for a family ticket (4 people, must include 1 adult) under 3s free.
Before your visit you’ll receive an email with helpful information about how to have a safe and enjoyable day out at the Science Oxford Centre.
Science Oxford Centre
Stansfeld Park, Quarry Rd, Headington, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page