Family Day (29 Jan)
Visit the Science Oxford Centre for a unique family experience this January. Explore, discover and play in the Exploration Zone, pick up an activity sheet and follow our winter woodland nature trails. Design and make your own mini wind turbine to take home in our Live Lab and see if you can harness the power of the wind! Try and lift different objects, experiment to see how blades work best, and work out how to make your turbine lift as much as possible. (This drop-in activity is included as part of your 2-hour Exploration Zone session.)
Children and grown-ups alike have fun experimenting with interactive exhibits in the Exploration Zone, where you can create and test flying designs at the Air Table, marvel at momentum with spinning discs at the Turntable, and try to beat the Scarf-shooter. Mini-engineers can build a giant magnetic ball run, or test what’s hot and what’s not with the Curious Camera. Brainiacs can solve puzzles, light up circuits and get the cogs whirring with our fun, mind-melting activities.
Your ticket includes two hours in the Exploration Zone and access to woodland all day. Please wear suitable clothing and note the woodland will close at 4.30pm, with last entrance recommended no later than 4pm.
Visit the Skogen Café at the Centre between 10am and 4pm and warm up with hot drinks, snacks and light lunches.
The health and well-being of our visitors and staff is our highest priority. Following Government guidance, here are some steps we are taking to keep you safe:
- All tickets must still be booked in advance.
- We will be keeping our reduced capacity per session.
- Inside the Science Oxford Centre will be kept well ventilated with doors and windows open.
- Regular cleaning will take place throughout the day.
- Face coverings are required for visitors inside the Centre (age 11+).
- Hand sanitizer is available upon entering and exiting the Science Oxford Centre and in the Exploration Zone.
- There is car parking and bike racks available for all visitors on weekends to reduce the need to take public transport.
- Full contact details of those booking a ticket are required to comply with test and trace. QR codes for the Test & Trace app are available upon entry to the centre.
- If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day (you can do this yourself via Eventbrite or contact us if you have any issues).
For information on our terms and conditions visit here.
Science Oxford Centre
Quarry Rd, Headington, Oxford, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page