Sold out: Art Lab (ages 5-9) (23 Feb)
Explore the science of art and tech and get creative at Art Lab this half term. Next Gen Leonardo’s design 3D artworks with ‘puffy paint’, and experiment with abstract patterns mixing wax, salt and water to make totally marble-ous art. Build your own DIY ‘scribblebot’ – a moving robot art-buddy – with a paper cup, motor and marker-pens and create colourful robo-masterpieces together! Materials provided.
Art Lab sessions must be accompanied by an adult. Your visit includes access to our woodland, ponds and picnic areas. The woodland closes at 4.30pm, last recommended entry 4pm. Please wear suitable outdoor clothing.
Skogen Café will be open to Art Lab visitors between 10am-1pm and 2-4pm only.
- If you would like to have lunch, please order food before 12:30pm – we would encourage ordering lunch items on arrival to avoid disappointment.
- Between 1-2pm the café will close to visitors (in this time it will be serving our Innovation Centre clients only).
- Our theatre will be open for additional café seating. The decking and outdoor canopy area will also be available for sitting and eating.
For information on our terms and conditions visit here.
Art Lab workshops are in person at the Science Oxford Centre.
The health and well-being of our visitors and staff is our highest priority. Following Government guidance, here are some steps we are taking to keep you safe:
- All tickets must be booked in advance.
- Inside the Science Oxford Centre will be kept well ventilated with doors and windows open.
- Regular cleaning will take place throughout the day.
- We request that visitors wear face coverings inside the Centre (age 11+).
- Hand sanitizer is available upon entering and exiting the Science Oxford Centre.
- There is usually only car parking available for visitors at weekends (please check your emails nearer the time). Please contact us for disabled parking.
- Full contact details of those booking a ticket are required to comply with test and trace. QR codes for the Test & Trace app are available upon entry to the centre.
- If you are testing positive, showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day (you can do this yourself via Eventbrite or contact us if you have any issues).
Our skilled workshop leaders ensure that every child can access the activities and differentiate to engage children of all ages. If your child has any additional needs, please get in touch via [email protected] to discuss how they can be best supported. We understand that younger children may need more help and older children may have more questions – we encourage adults to join in to support their children and to enjoy the activities themselves too!
Science Oxford is committed to inclusion and we recognise that cost is sometimes a barrier. Funded places for eligible families are now available, thanks to the Austin and Hope Pilkington Trust. Families could be eligible for these places for several reasons; for example, if your child receives free school meals or is a looked-after child. To find out more and to book one of these places, please contact [email protected]. We welcome enquiries from organisations and individuals supporting families who may benefit from funded places at any of our clubs.
Science Oxford Centre
Quarry Rd, Headington, Oxford, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page