Summer Holiday Family Day: Bee Day (7 August) Sold out
Tickets are now fully booked – you can sign up to the wait list via Eventbrite. We’re buzzing about our bee-themed day! Bees are good for the garden and the planet, join us for a ‘hive’ of activities to learn about and celebrate these amazing insects, including rolling your own beeswax candle to take home and tasting honey harvested fresh from our hives. A sweet experience thanks to the Oxfordshire BeeKeepers Association.
Get the science bug this summer with indoor-outdoor discovery in our Exploration Zone and woodland. Explore nature trails with a seasonal activity sheet and spot native wildlife from bugs and bees to butterflies, and find our Explorer QR codes hidden in the trees for fun challenges and brain-teasers. See if you can identify the busy pond-life from the decking, and look out for newts!
Children get hands-on with our interactive exhibits, where they can create and test flying designs at the Air Table, marvel at momentum with spinning discs at the Turntable, and try to beat the Scarf-shooter. Mini-engineers can build a giant magnetic ball run, or test what’s hot and what’s not with the Curious Camera. Brainiacs can solve puzzles, light up circuits and get the cogs whirring with our fun, mind-melting activities.
Your ticket includes two hours in the Exploration Zone and access to woodland all day. You can enjoy your lunch at our picnic tables – please bring your own snacks and refreshments as the Cafe will be closed.
Please note: On our open days, we may take general photos of families in the Exploration Zone and in the woodland for our social media and the Science Oxford website to publicise our programmes. If you don’t want to be photographed, please let one of our Science Oxford staff know on signing in.
The health and well-being of our visitors and staff is our highest priority. Following Government guidance from July 19th 2021 onwards, here are some steps we are taking to keep you safe:
- All tickets must still be booked in advance.
- We will be keeping our reduced capacity per session.
- Inside the Science Oxford Centre will be kept well ventilated with doors and windows open.
- Regular cleaning will take place throughout the day.
- Face coverings are not required but are recommended for visitors inside the Centre (age 11+).
- Hand sanitizer is available upon entering and exiting the Science Oxford Centre and in the Exploration Zone.
- There is car parking and bike racks available for all visitors on weekends to reduce the need to take public transport.
- Full contact details of those booking a ticket are required to comply with test and trace. QR codes for the Test & Trace app are available upon entry to the centre.
- If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day (you can do this yourself via Eventbrite or contact us if you have any issues).
For information on our terms and conditions visit here.
Science Oxford Centre
Stansfeld Park, Quarry Rd, Headington, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page