Spooky Science Family Open Day (29 October) Sold out
Visit the Science Oxford Centre of wizardry this Half Term for a spell of spooky science for all the family. Conjure up chromatography-bats and explore the science of colour and brave the pumpkin trail in our forbidden forest, can you figure out the magic word to win a prize?
Try out secret experiments in our amazing Exploration Zone, where trainee wizards can make flying frights hover above the Air Table and see a hidden world comes to light with our Curious Camera. Families can get close-up with mini-beasts and creepy crawlies with our Microscopes, and observe beautiful, feathery ice patterns forming with Watch Water Freeze! There will be prizes for the best Spooky Science outfits on the day and children can take home our Science Oxford slime recipe.
Your ticket includes two hours in the Exploration Zone and access to woodland all day. The morning session is from 10am to midday and the afternoon sessions are from 12.45pm to 2.45pm and 3.30pm-5.30pm.
Tickets: £6 per person or £20 for a family ticket (4 people, must include 1 adult) under 3s free.
The health and well-being of our visitors and staff is our highest priority. Following Government recommendations to minimise the risk of person-to-person transmission of Coronavirus (COVID-19):
• All tickets must be booked in advance.
• There are car parking and bike racks available for all visitors.
• We will be operating at a reduced capacity with only 38 people per session.
• All visitors must sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the Science Oxford Centre.
• Exhibits in the Exploration Zone have been widely spaced to allow social distancing.
• Our staff will wear visors inside the centre.
• Face coverings are required inside the centre (age 11+).
• We will clean everything regularly and thoroughly during and between sessions.
• Full contact details of those booking a ticket are required to comply with test and trace.
• The café is closed until further notice but you are welcome to bring packed lunches and refreshments on site. We have outdoor tables available for public use.
• If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day.
For more details about the Science Oxford Centre and what we are doing to keep you safe, please call us on 01865 810 000, [email protected] or see Science Oxford Centre visitor information.
Before you visit you’ll receive an email with helpful information about how to have a safe and enjoyable day out at the Science Oxford Centre.
For information on our terms and conditions visit here.
Science Oxford Centre
Stansfeld Park, Quarry Rd, Headington, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page