Sold Out – Saturday Science Club Oxford – It’s Alive! Our Amazing Anatomy (ages 5-9) 22 Jan
Mini-medics get hearts beating, lungs pumping and muscles moving at our fun workshop on brilliant bodies. Run lab experiments and make a model hand come to life, and test lung capacity to check your own ‘hot air’. From anatomy to autopsy, work-out what makes your heart beat faster and dissect a real organ, using an animal’s heart supplied from a local shop. Our more ‘vegan’ inclined scientists can build a working model heart valve instead!
Please note – masks / face coverings are now required for visitors inside the Centre (age 11+).
All Saturday Science Club sessions must be accompanied by an adult. Your visit includes access to our woodland, ponds and picnic areas. The woodland closes at 4.30pm, last recommended entry 4pm.
Visit the Skogen Cafe at the Centre between 10am and 4pm for festive treats, refreshments, snacks and light lunches, or families are welcome to bring their own.
For information on our terms and conditions visit here.
About Saturday Science Club
Our fun sessions for ages 5-9 are designed to engage children and their families with STEM: science, technology, engineering and maths. Through entertaining demos and hands-on activities, children have a chance to learn, explore, question and investigate different areas of science. Each month has a different theme, so you can try something new each time if you attend regularly.
Saturday Science Club are in person at the Science Oxford Centre. If the workshop date or description changes due to Covid-19 restrictions, we will get in touch to explain the changes and give you the option of a full refund or rescheduling of your ticket. We are currently limiting numbers for our workshop so that each booking can have a separate table, so please ensure you are booking the correct combination for your group. Eg, a family group with 2 children and 2 adults should book a 2 child ticket and all 4 family members should sit together at one table.
The health and well-being of our visitors and staff is our highest priority. Following Government guidance, here are some steps we are taking to keep you safe:
- All tickets must still be booked in advance.
- We will be keeping our reduced capacity per session.
- Inside the Science Oxford Centre will be kept well ventilated with doors and windows open.
- Regular cleaning will take place throughout the day.
- Face coverings are required for visitors inside the Centre (age 11+).
- Hand sanitizer is available upon entering and exiting the Science Oxford Centre.
- There is car parking and bike racks available for all visitors on weekends to reduce the need to take public transport.
- Full contact details of those booking a ticket are required to comply with test and trace. QR codes for the Test & Trace app are available upon entry to the centre.
- If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day (you can do this yourself via Eventbrite or contact us if you have any issues).
Our skilled club leaders ensure that every child can access the activities and differentiate to engage children of all ages. If your child has any additional needs, please get in touch via [email protected] to discuss how they can be best supported. We understand that younger children may need more help and older children may have more questions – we encourage adults to join in to support their children and to enjoy the activities themselves too!
Science Oxford is committed to inclusion and we recognise that cost is sometimes a barrier. Funded places for eligible families are now available, thanks to the Austin and Hope Pilkington Trust. Families could be eligible for these places for several reasons; for example, if your child receives free school meals or is a looked-after child. To find out more and to book one of these places, please contact [email protected]. We welcome enquiries from organisations and individuals supporting families who may benefit from funded places at any of our clubs.
Science Oxford Centre
Quarry Rd, Headington, Oxford, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page