Saturday Science Club Abingdon – Glow Up Cards (ages 5-9)
Join us for a crafty card make-over and create super-cool Glow Up cards at this month’s Saturday Science Club. Learn about circuits and decorate an interactive light-up card to take home or give to Bffs, family or your favourite pets!
All Saturday Science Club sessions must be accompanied by an adult. For information on our terms and conditions visit here.
About Saturday Science Club
Our fun sessions for ages 5-9 are designed to engage children and their families with STEM: science, technology, engineering and maths. Through entertaining demos and hands-on activities, children have a chance to learn, explore, question and investigate different areas of science. Each month has a different theme, so you can try something new each time if you attend regularly.
Saturday Science Club will be face to face sessions, in person at the Yang Science Centre at Abingdon School.
- We recommend booking tickets in advance
- We request that visitors wear face coverings inside the buildings (age 11+)
- We have reduced capacities for our indoor activities
- The room will be well ventilated, with windows and doors open
- Hand sanitizer is available upon entering, inside and on exiting
- Please do not attend if you, or any of your family members, are displaying Covid-19 symptoms. You can transfer your ticket to another day (you can do this yourself via Eventbrite) or contact us if you have any issues at [email protected].
Our skilled club leaders ensure that every child can access the activities and differentiate to engage children of all ages. If your child has any additional needs, please get in touch via [email protected] to discuss how they can be best supported. We understand that younger children may need more help and older children may have more questions – we encourage adults to join in to support their children and to enjoy the activities themselves too!
Science Oxford is committed to inclusion and we recognise that cost is sometimes a barrier. Families could be eligible for free places for several reasons; for example, if your child receives free school meals or is a looked-after child. To find out more and to book one of these places, please contact [email protected]. We welcome enquiries from organisations and individuals supporting families who may benefit from funded places at any of our clubs.
For information on our terms and conditions visit here.
The Yang Science Centre – Abingdon School
Faringdon Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1BQ, OXON
Back to previous page