Sold out: Half Term Science Club – Brain Power (ages 5-9)
Brains. Spookily clever science to blow your mind! See pictures of real brain scans and try the ‘Stroop’ colour and word test – fun for adults too! Not only that, discover how nerves work through play, and even learn a basic new language. Brainiacs can make a paper ‘brain hat’ to take home for Halloween – how about a brain-eating zombie costume?
What is included in your ticket:
- 90 minute club session for one child and accompanying adult
- Access to:
– the woodland and outdoor areas from 10AM-5PM
– the outdoor Water Lab – a change of clothes is recommended!
What is NOT included:
- Access to the Exploration Zone
All Saturday Club sessions must be accompanied by an adult. These family workshops are designed for you and your child to learn from each other and work together while trying out new things.
Our fun sessions for ages 5-9 are designed to engage children and their families with STEM: science, technology, engineering and maths. Through entertaining demos and hands-on activities, children have a chance to learn, explore, question and investigate different areas of science. Each month has a different theme, so you can try something new each time if you attend regularly.
Our skilled staff ensure that every child can access the activities and differentiate to engage all children.
If your child has specific additional needs, please get in touch via eve[email protected] to discuss how they can be best supported.
Science Oxford is committed to inclusion, and we recognise that cost is sometimes a barrier so are working with schools and community groups to provide funded places to individuals to remove the barriers where we can.
- Please note that no parking will be available to visitors at the Centre. We recommend using the 2-hour/3-hour street parking on Quarry Road, the Thornhill Park & Ride or other public transport to reach us. Please see here for information on alternative parking and how to get here.
- If accessible parking is required please email [email protected] ahead of the event
- Bike Parking is available.
Café and refreshments
- The café will be open for light lunches, drinks and refreshments from 10am-3.30pm; please note it can be very busy during the peak lunchtime period. Visitors are welcome to bring their own food and refreshments.
- Lunch and eating areas are available in the lobby and on the decking, at the outdoor covered seating area and pond picnic tables. Please view the centre map.
Water Lab: This outdoor exhibit allows visitors to carry out a range of water-based play, investigation and problem-solving activities. We advise bringing a change of dry clothes in case you get wet. Children must be supervised by their adult at all times.
- Visitors and staff may choose to wear face coverings inside the Centre
- The Science Oxford Centre is well ventilated, with windows and doors open (where appropriate)
- Hand sanitizer is available on entry, exit and throughout the Centre
- If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day (you can do this yourself via Eventbrite or contact us if you have any issues)
Phone: 01865 810000
Email [email protected]
Ticket booking: For information on our refund policy and event terms and conditions visit here. If you cannot attend, you can request a refund or transfer your ticket to another day yourself via Eventbrite.
Visiting information Science Oxford Centre visiting information and FAQs on our website here.
Science Oxford Centre
Quarry Rd, Headington, Oxford, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page