Half Term Family Days
|Saturday, 22nd October 2022||Book Now|
|Tuesday, 25th October 2022||Book Now|
|Wednesday, 26th October 2022||Book Now|
|Thursday, 27th October 2022||Book Now|
|Saturday, 29th October 2022||Book Now|
Visit the Science Oxford Centre for spookily fun science and woodland pumpkin trail for all the family this half term. Explore, discover and play in the Exploration Zone, where children and grown-ups alike have fun experimenting with interactive exhibits; create and test flying ghouls at the Air Table, magically send material (or is it ectoplasm?) flying through the pipework at the Scarf Shooter, and see the world change before your very eyes with our Curious Camera. Go on a Halloween Pumpkin Trail and explore the mysterious woodland for magical mini-beasts, or imagine what lurks in the depths of the perilous ponds. Create your own gruesome experiments at our Live Lab, with demos and hands-on science activities – spooky-scientist outfits optional.
Pick up an Explorer Backpack (thanks to Operation Earth) and don’t forget our Water Lab is open until the end of October!
What is included in your ticket:
- Two-hour timeslot in the Exploration Zone
- Access to the woodland and outdoor areas from 10am–5pm
- Access to the outdoor Water Lab – change of clothes recommended
What is NOT included in your ticket:
- Entry to Club
- Parking (please see below for details)
Car Parking: This is only available on the weekends (not on weekdays). Please see here for information on alternative parking and how to get here.
Contact us on [email protected] if you require parking for accessibility reasons. If travelling far, we recommend visiting on a Saturday, when parking is usually available on site.
Bring a picnic/refreshments: The Cafe is currently closed at weekends – visitors are welcome to bring picnics and snacks to eat at our lunch tables.
The Cafe will be open during the weekdays only for light snacks and refreshments – check our website for opening times.
Water Lab: This outdoor exhibit allows visitors to carry out a range of water-based play, investigation and problem-solving activities. We advise bringing a change of dry clothes in case you get wet. Children must be supervised by their adult at all times.
Bike Parking: This is available on site
Our skilled staff ensure that every child can access the activities and differentiate to engage all children. If your child has specific additional needs, please get in touch via [email protected] to discuss how they can be best supported. See our Accessible Resources.
- Visitors and staff may choose to wear face coverings inside the Centre
- The Science Oxford Centre is well ventilated, with windows and doors open (where appropriate)
- Hand sanitiser is available on entry, exit and throughout the Centre
- If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day (you can do this yourself via Eventbrite or contact us if you have any issues)
Phone: 01865 810000
Email [email protected]
Visiting information: Science Oxford Centre visiting information and FAQs on our website here.
Science Oxford Centre
Quarry Rd, Headington, Oxford, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page