Family Open Day (Saturday 19th September)
Visit the Science Oxford Centre for a unique science-themed experience for families this autumn. We encourage children to play and explore, design their own experiments and make their own discoveries. Get hands-on in the amazing Exploration Zone and try and beat the super-fast Scarf-shooter, have a blast on the Air Table, or take our Turntable challenge and keep the discs spinning. Get up-close to nature and see bugs and plants under our microscopes, then take a breath of fresh air and find out what wildlife lives in the surrounding woodland. Just ask one of our team for a trail sheet to get started!
Your ticket includes two hours in the Exploration Zone and access to woodland all day. The morning session is from 10am to midday and the afternoon from 2pm to 4pm.
The health and well-being of our visitors and staff is our highest priority. Following Government recommendations to minimise the risk of person-to-person transmission of Coronavirus (COVID-19):
• All tickets must be booked in advance.
• There are car parking and bike racks available for all visitors.
• We will be operating at a reduced capacity with only 32 people per session.
• All visitors must sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the Science Oxford Centre.
• Exhibits in the Exploration Zone have been widely spaced to allow social distancing.
• Our staff will wear visors inside the centre.
• Face coverings are required inside the centre (age 11+).
• We will clean everything regularly and thoroughly during and between sessions.
• Full contact details of those booking a ticket are required to comply with test and trace.
• The café is closed until further notice but you are welcome to bring packed lunches and refreshments on site. We have outdoor tables available for public use.
• If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day.
Before you visit you’ll receive an email with helpful information about how to have a safe and enjoyable day out at the Science Oxford Centre.
For information on our terms and conditions visit here.
Science Oxford Centre
Stansfeld Park, Quarry Rd, Headington, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page