Family Open Day (27th December)
If the kids are driving you up the wall this holiday season, why not pay us a visit? We will be open for two special days over the Christmas break. It may not be a white Christmas outside, but inside children can create their own snowflakes to test out on our air table or make a light-up badge.
The Science Oxford Centre provides an amazing and unique science-themed experience for young people and their families. Our new venue encourages them to play and explore – to design their own experiments and make their own discoveries. Our exciting Exploration Zone has a wide range of hands-on exhibits for children to enjoy. Try out the scarf-shooter, build a giant magnetic marble run, see bugs close-up under our easy-to-use microscopes, watch water freeze before your eyes and see what’s hot and what’s not with our thermal camera.
Outside in the 15-acre woodland, you can follow the trails, enjoy the beautiful ponds and hunt for the clues that identify what wildlife lives in the woods.
Please note: Due to the nights becoming darker earlier over the autumn/winter months, last access to the woodland is at 4pm. If you are attending the 3-5pm session, we advise that you arrive early (for example 2.30pm) to visit the woodland before you head into the Exploration Zone.
We are not taking online bookings for this Family Open Day – it is a walk-in event. As such, the following apply:
• Payment (cash or card) will be taken upon entry and prices are as normal. Last entry 4pm
• The café will not be open but a small range of drinks and snacks will be available. You are welcome to bring refreshments with you.
• The woodland will be open as normal until 4pm.
• Our main office will be closed from 12 noon on Tuesday 24th December 2019 and we will be unable to answer phone calls or reply to emails/social media messages. If you have any queries about this event e.g. accessibility requirement, or (in the case of bad weather) you would like to check whether the centre is open, please call us on the day, on 01865 810004.
• Parking on site will operate as per weekend or evening events.
Join us for a truly memorable visit and see the world differently.
For more details please visit Science Oxford Centre visitor information.
For information on our terms and conditions visit here.
Science Oxford Centre
Stansfeld Park, Quarry Rd, Headington, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page