Family Open Day (16 January)- Cancelled
Following the government announcement on the national lockdown, we must cancel our Family Open Days in January. We will automatically issue refunds to all bookers, so no action is required. We are sorry for any disappointment and we look forward to welcoming you back as soon as we can.
Celebrate the start of a new year with a visit to our Science Oxford Centre, a unique science-themed experience for families. Explore, discover, play in the Exploration Zone, where children can get their brain buzzing and have a go at a range of hands-on exhibits. Try and beat the Scarf-shooter, build a giant Magnetic Marble Run, see bugs close-up under our easy-to-use Microscopes and see what’s hot and what’s not with our Curious Camera.
Bring your wellies and enjoy some fresh air in our 15-acre woodland, just pick up an activity sheet and follow the trails to spot the wildlife, native trees and shrubs and enjoy busy pond-life from the decking.
Your ticket includes two hours in the Exploration Zone and access to woodland all day.
The health and well-being of our visitors and staff is our highest priority. Following Government recommendations to minimise the risk of person-to-person transmission of Coronavirus (COVID-19) here are some steps we are taking to keep you safe:
Please follow government guidelines if travelling between tiers. Due to the latest government advice, those with tier 3 postcodes are no longer able to attend – if you have already booked, we have issued you a refund, please allow 5 working days for this to be processed by your bank. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
• All tickets must be booked in advance.
• All visitors must adhere to the rule of six (includes under 3s)
• There’s car parking and bike racks available for all visitors.
• We will be operating at a reduced capacity per session.
• All visitors must sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the Science Oxford Centre.
• Exhibits in the Exploration Zone have been widely spaced to allow for social distancing.
• Our staff will wear visors or face masks in the centre.
• Face coverings are required for visitors inside the centre (age 11+).
• We will clean everything regularly and replace hands-on exhibit accessories between sessions.
• Full contact details of those booking a ticket are required to comply with test and trace. QR codes for the Test & Trace app are available upon entry to the centre.
• The café is closed until further notice but you are welcome to bring packed lunches and refreshments on site. We have outdoor tables available for public use.
• If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day.
For information on our terms and conditions visit here.
For more details about the Science Oxford Centre and what we are doing to keep you safe, please call us on 01865 810 000, [email protected] or see Science Oxford Centre visitor information here.
Prices: £6 per person or £20 for a family ticket (4 people, must include 1 adult) under 3s free.
Before your visit you’ll receive an email with helpful information about how to have a safe and enjoyable day out at the Science Oxford Centre.
Science Oxford Centre
Stansfeld Park, Quarry Rd, Headington, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page