Summer Family Day (26 June)
From ‘Wow!’ to wonder – visit our amazing Science Oxford Centre for a unique science-themed experience, now open to families every Saturday!
Discover, experiment and play in the Exploration Zone, explore trails and wildlife around our woodland and identify pondlife from the decking. Children can get hands on with a range of exhibits – create and test flying designs at the Air Table, marvel at momentum with spinning discs at the Turntable, and try to beat the Scarf-shooter! Mini-engineers can build a giant magnetic ball run, or test what’s hot and what’s not with the Curious Camera. Budding botanists can examine mini-beasts and plants magnified under microscopes, or play a game of ‘Guess What?’ and try to spot the fossilised dino-poop. Brainiacs can solve puzzles, light up circuits and get the cogs whirring with our fun, mind-melting activities.
Bring your wellies and enjoy some fresh air with a walk around our 15-acre woodland, just pick up an activity sheet and follow the trails to spot the wildlife. Why not enjoy your packed lunch at the picnic tables. Your ticket includes two hours in the Exploration Zone and access to woodland all day.
Please note: On our open days, we may take general photos of families in the Exploration Zone and in the woodland for our social media and the Science Oxford website to publicise our programmes. If you don’t want to be photographed, please let one of our Science Oxford staff know on signing in.
The health and well-being of our visitors and staff is our highest priority. Following Government recommendations to minimise the risk of person-to-person transmission of Coronavirus (COVID-19) here are some steps we are taking to keep you safe. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
• All tickets must be booked in advance.
•All visitors must adhere to the rule of six (includes under 3s). Limit of one family ticket or 6 singles per checkout.
• There is car parking and bike racks available for all visitors on weekends.
• We will be operating at a reduced capacity per session.
• All visitors must sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the Science Oxford Centre.
• Exhibits in the Exploration Zone have been widely spaced to allow for social distancing.
• Our staff will wear visors or face masks in the centre.
• Face coverings are required for visitors inside the centre (age 11+).
• We will clean everything regularly and replace hands-on exhibit accessories between sessions.
• Full contact details of those booking a ticket are required to comply with test and trace. QR codes for the Test & Trace app are available upon entry to the centre.
• The café is closed until further notice but you are welcome to bring packed lunches and refreshments on site. We have outdoor tables available for public use.
• If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day.
For information on our terms and conditions visit here.
Before your visit you’ll receive an email with helpful information about how to have a safe and enjoyable day out at the Science Oxford Centre.
Science Oxford Centre
Stansfeld Park, Quarry Rd, Headington, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page