Creative Computing Club – Create Your Own Website (Ages 9-12)
This event has been rescheduled and is now running on Saturday 26th June at the Science Oxford Centre. All participants have been notified via email. If you can make that date, your ticket has been automatically updated and you don’t need to do anything. If you are unable to come along, you can request a refund via Eventbrite. We apologise for any inconvenience. Our Creative Computing Clubs will return in September, and will be available to book online soon.
Young technologists join the ‘Information Superhighway’ and road-test new skills to design a web page or blog. Create a super-cool web site with HTML code and CSS style sheets, eye-catching branding, ‘Insta-stylish’ images and ‘stop-scrolling’ copy. Think of a theme, it could be an online blog or a page dedicated to your pet, your new business idea or a sustainable project to help humanity. You’ll edit and add pictures, choose fonts and typography, colours and sizes, and see your page come to life at the click of a tab! Join our free follow-up online session ‘Coding Club Extra’ on 24th June with guidance to continue your project at home.
Please note: A photographer will be taking photos during these sessions, please sign the permission form. If you wish to opt out please let Sarah the workshop leader know at the beginning of your session.
May’s Club will be attended in person at the Science Oxford Centre. If the workshop date or description changes due to Covid-19 restrictions, we will get in touch to explain the changes and give you the option of a full refund or rescheduling of your ticket.
For information on our terms and conditions visit here.
About Creative Computing Club
Our fun sessions reflect real world scenarios as coders bring their own projects to life with the latest tech gadgets, experimenting with BBC micro:bits, speakers or lights and programming in a variety of languages such as Python, Scratch or MakeCode depending on the session. We encourage creativity and self-led learning with themed projects, and practice patience and problem-solving skills in learning to debug computer code. Resources are available so that projects can be continued at home (this *may* require additional kit) and digital projects can be shared with friends online. Beginners welcome!
Science Oxford welcomes all children to our clubs. If you or your child has additional needs, please get in touch to discuss how we can best support your child to make the most of the club.
Science Oxford is committed to inclusion and we recognise that cost is sometimes a barrier. Funded places for eligible families are now available, thanks to the Austin and Hope Pilkington Trust. Families could be eligible for these places for several reasons; for example, if your child receives free school meals or is a looked-after child. To find out more and to book one of these places, please contact [email protected]
The health and well-being of our visitors and staff is our highest priority. Following Government recommendations to minimise the risk of person-to-person transmission of Coronavirus (COVID-19) here are some steps we are taking to keep you safe:
Please contact [email protected] for more information.
• All tickets must be booked in advance.
• There is car parking and bike racks available for all visitors on weekends.
• We will be operating at a reduced capacity per session.
• All visitors must sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the Science Oxford Centre.
• Our staff will wear visors or face masks in the centre.
• Face coverings are required for visitors inside the centre (age 11+).
• Full contact details of those booking a ticket are required to comply with test and trace. QR codes for the Test & Trace app are available upon entry to the centre.
• The café is closed until further notice but you are welcome to bring packed lunches and refreshments on site. We have outdoor tables available for public use.
• If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day.
Science Oxford Centre
Stansfeld Park, Quarry Rd, Headington, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page