These free sessions provide early years and primary school teachers an opportunity to come and explore the Science Oxford Centre. They aim to support teachers in understanding the facilities and what the Centre can offer ahead of making a booking, and/or to serve as a site visit for teachers who have already booked a visit date.
A typical session includes:
– Time to play and discover the hands-on exhibits in our Exploration Zone.
– A chance to explore our workshop activities in the Classroom (with light refreshments provided).
– A view of our Theatre, where our live shows are performed.
– An introduction to the Centre team and teaching ethos.
– An opportunity to experience part of our 15-acre Woodland and ponds (during spring/summer or daylight hours only).
Teacher Taster evenings are hosted monthly, typically on the first Thursday of the month, from 4pm – 5.30pm. Teachers are welcome to come alone, or as part of a small team. Please see the list of available dates below:
- Thursday 12th January 2023
- Thursday 2nd February 2023
- Thursday 9th March 2023 (rescheduled from 2nd March)
- Thursday 4th May 2023
- Thursday 8th June 2023
- Thursday 6th July 2023
To find out more or enquire about making a Teacher Taster Session booking, please email [email protected]