Summer Family Open Day (Saturday 22nd August)
Welcome back to the Science Oxford Centre as, once again, we open our doors for an amazing and unique science-themed experience for young people and their families. We encourage children to play and explore, design their own experiments and make their own discoveries. You can visit the Exploration Zone and try out the scarf-shooter, build a giant magnetic marble run, see bugs up close under our easy-to-use microscopes, watch water freeze before your eyes and see yourself as never before with our Curious Camera! You can also enjoy our 15 acres of outdoor space with beautiful decked ponds and woodland trails to explore. Follow the clues and find out what wildlife lives in the woods – just ask one of our team for an activity sheet to get you started! Bring a picnic and enjoy an outdoor lunch with a view.
Your ticket includes two hours in the Exploration Zone and access to woodland all day. The morning session is from 10am to midday and the afternoon from 2pm to 4pm.
The health and well-being of our visitors and staff is our highest priority. Following Government recommendations to minimise the risk of person-to-person transmission of Coronavirus (COVID-19):
• All tickets must be booked in advance.
• There are car parking and bike racks available for all visitors.
• We will be operating at a reduced capacity with only 32 people per session.
• All visitors must sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the Science Oxford Centre.
• Exhibits in the Exploration Zone have been widely spaced to allow social distancing.
• Our staff will wear visors inside the centre.
• Face coverings are required inside the centre (age 11+).
• We will clean everything regularly and thoroughly during and between sessions.
• Full contact details of those booking a ticket are required to comply with test and trace.
• The café is closed until further notice but you are welcome to bring packed lunches and refreshments on site. We have lunch tables available for public use or you can enjoy a picnic on the grass.
• If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home.
For more details about the Science Oxford Centre and what we are doing to keep you safe, please call us on 01865 810 000, [email protected] or see Science Oxford Centre visitor information.
Before your visit you’ll receive an email with helpful information about how to have a safe and enjoyable day out at the Science Oxford Centre.
For information on our terms and conditions visit here.
Science Oxford Centre
Stansfeld Park, Quarry Rd, Headington, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page