Summer Family Day
Visit the Science Oxford Centre for a unique family experience this summer. Explore, discover and play in the Exploration Zone, where children and grown-ups alike have fun experimenting with interactive exhibits – create and test flying designs at the Air Table, build a giant magnetic ball run, and see what’s hot and what’s not with the Curious Camera.
Our Live Lab will also be in action today: Snail Racing – find out more about snails, their habitats, adaptations and behaviours, and how to care for them as pets. Test your understanding with a bet on a Snail Race! This drop-in activity is included as part of your 2-hour Exploration Zone session.
With 15 acres of woodland and ponds, there’s plenty to explore outside too. Thanks to Operation Earth, you can now pick up an Explorer Backpack and trail map and see what wildlife you can spot. And don’t forget to create a splash with our amazing outdoor Water Lab.
Why not bring a picnic and stay all day!
What is included in your ticket:
- Two-hour timeslot in the Exploration Zone
- Access to the woodland and outdoor areas from 10am–5pm
- Access to the outdoor Water Lab – change of clothes recommended
- Parking (limited availability, see below for details)
What is NOT included in your ticket:
- Entry to Club
Bring a picnic/refreshments: The cafe is currently closed but families are welcome to bring picnics and snacks to eat at our lunch tables.
Water Lab: This outdoor exhibit allows visitors to carry out a range of water-based play, investigation and problem-solving activities. We advise bringing a change of dry clothes in case you get wet. Children must be supervised by their adult at all times.
Bike Parking: This is available on site
Car Parking: This is only available on the weekends (not on weekdays). Please see here for information on alternative parking and how to get here. Contact us on [email protected] if you require parking for accessibility reasons. If travelling far, we recommend visiting on a Saturday, when parking is usually available on site.
Our skilled staff ensure that every child can access the activities and differentiate to engage all children. If your child has specific additional needs, please get in touch via [email protected] to discuss how they can be best supported. See our Accessible Resources.
- We recommend booking tickets in advance
- We suggest that visitors wear face coverings inside the Centre (age 11+)
- We have reduced capacities for our indoor activities
- The Science Oxford Centre is be well ventilated, with windows and doors open
- Hand sanitizer is available upon entering and exiting the Science Oxford Centre
- If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day (you can do this yourself via Eventbrite or contact us if you have any issues).
Phone: 01865 810000
Email [email protected]
Ticket booking: For information on our refund policy and event terms and conditions visit here. If you cannot attend, you can request a refund or transfer your ticket to another day via Eventbrite.
Visiting information: Science Oxford Centre visiting information and FAQs on our website here.
Science Oxford Centre
Quarry Rd, Headington, Oxford, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page