Summer Family Day – Bee Day
Visit the Science Oxford Centre for a unique family experience this summer. We’re buzzing, as our popular holiday bee-themed day is back! Bees are good for the garden and the planet, join us for a ‘hive’ of activities to learn about and celebrate these amazing insects, including rolling your own beeswax candle to take home and tasting honey harvested fresh from our hives. A sweet experience thanks to the Oxfordshire BeeKeepers Association.
Explore, discover and play in the Exploration Zone, where children and grown-ups alike have fun experimenting with interactive exhibits – create and test flying designs at the Air Table, build a giant magnetic ball run, and test what’s hot and what’s not with the Curious Camera. Pick up our Explorer Backpack & trail map and see what wildlife you can spot in the woodland and ponds – why not bring a picnic!
What is included in your ticket:
- Two-hour timeslot in the Exploration Zone
- Access to the woodland and outdoor areas from 10am-5pm
- Access to the outdoor Water Lab – change of clothes recommended
- Parking (limited availability, see below for details)
What is NOT included in your ticket:
- Entry to Club
Bring a picnic/refreshments – The cafe is currently closed but families are welcome to bring picnics and snacks to eat at our lunch tables.
Water Lab – This outdoor exhibit allows visitors to carry out a range of water-based play, investigation and problem-solving activities. We advise bringing a change of dry clothes in case you get wet. Children must be supervised by their adult at all times.
Bike Parking – This is available on site
Car Parking – This is only available on the weekends (not on weekdays). Please see here for information on alternative parking and how to get here.
Contact us [email protected] if you require parking for accessibility reasons. If travelling far, we recommend visiting on a Saturday, when parking is usually available on site.
Our skilled staff ensure that every child can access the activities and differentiate to engage all children. If your child has specific additional needs, please get in touch via [email protected] to discuss how they can be best supported. See our Accessible Resources.
- We recommend booking tickets in advance
- We suggest that visitors wear face coverings inside the Centre (age 11+)
- We have reduced capacities for our indoor activities
- The Science Oxford Centre will be well ventilated, with windows and doors open
- Hand sanitizer is available upon entering, inside and on exiting the Science Oxford Centre
- If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day (you can do this yourself via Eventbrite or contact us if you have any issues).
Phone: 01865 810000
Email [email protected]
Ticket booking For information on our refund policy and event terms and conditions visit here. If you cannot attend, you can request a refund or transfer your ticket to another day yourself via Eventbrite.
Visiting information Science Oxford Centre visiting information and FAQs on our website here.
Science Oxford Centre
Quarry Rd, Headington, Oxford, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page