Sensory-friendly Family Day
Visit the Science Oxford Centre for our Sensory-friendly day with a reduced visitor capacity, to better accommodate and support families who experience autism and/or have other additional needs. Explore, discover and play in the Exploration Zone; pick up our Explorer Backpack & trail map and see what wildlife you can spot in the woodland and ponds – why not bring a picnic!
During your visit, we please ask that everyone respects the space and needs of others, so that everyone can enjoy their time at the Science Oxford Centre in a way that is comfortable for them. If you require use of a quiet space during your visit, please ask a member of staff for assistance. We also have noise-cancelling headphones available on request.
What is included in your ticket:
- Two-hour timeslot in the Exploration Zone
- Access to the woodland and outdoor areas from 10am-5pm
- Access to the outdoor Water Lab – change of clothes recommended
- Parking (limited availability, see below for details)
What is NOT included in your ticket:
- Entry to Club
Before your visit, we recommend viewing or downloading our Family Day Visit – Visual Story, to help familiarise you and your family with the site ahead of your arrival.
Powerpoint slide deck: Visual Story Science Oxford Centre
Checkout our virtual 360 tour of the Exploration Zone and accessible resources here.
Bring a picnic / refreshments – We currently do not have a café in operation on the weekends. Apologies for any inconvenience. Families are welcome to bring picnics and snacks to eat at our lunch tables. We will notify visitors if this changes.
Water Lab – This outdoor exhibit allows visitors to carry out a range of water-based play, investigation and problem-solving activities. We advise bringing a change of dry clothes in case you get wet. Children must be supervised by their adult at all times.
Bike Parking – This is available on site
Car Parking – This is only available on the weekends (not on weekdays). Please see here for information on alternative parking and how to get here.
Contact us [email protected] if you require parking for accessibility reasons. If travelling far, we recommend visiting on a Saturday, when parking is usually available on site.
Our skilled staff ensure that every child can access the activities and differentiate to engage all children. If your child has specific additional needs, please get in touch via [email protected] to discuss how they can be best supported. See our Accessible Resources.
- We recommend booking tickets in advance
- We suggest that visitors wear face coverings inside the Centre (age 11+)
- We have reduced capacities for our indoor activities
- The Science Oxford Centre will be well ventilated, with windows and doors open
- Hand sanitizer is available upon entering, inside and on exiting the Science Oxford Centre
- If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day (you can do this yourself via Eventbrite or contact us if you have any issues).
Phone: 01865 810000
Email [email protected]
Ticket booking For information on our refund policy and event terms and conditions visit here. If you cannot attend, you can request a refund or transfer your ticket to another day yourself via Eventbrite.
Visiting information Science Oxford Centre visiting information and FAQs on our website here.
If anyone would like to attend but finance is a barrier, we can support visits thanks to Austin-Pilkingtons Trust grant.
Science Oxford Centre
Quarry Rd, Headington, Oxford, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page