Science Club (Oxford) – Super Senses (ages 5-9)
Mini-scientists investigate their super senses at this month’s sensory-flavoured Club. Humans and wildlife are incredibly adaptable, with a tool-kit of cool skills to help them to survive and flourish. But, how do they work? Try out our feely boxes and bags and describe what you touch. Shake it out with noisy shakers and make listen to the sounds. See optical illusions, experiment with colour vision, and taste and smell popping flavours! Can you stand on one leg with your eyes shut? Play ‘Dizzy Dinosaurs’ and find out!
What is included in your ticket:
- 90 minute club session for one child and accompanying adult
- Access to:
– the woodland and outdoor areas from 10am-5pm
- Outdoor Water Lab (change of clothes recommended)
- Parking (limited availability, see below for details)
- Café open 10am-4pm
What is NOT included:
- Access to the Exploration Zone
All Saturday Club sessions must be accompanied by an adult. These family workshops are designed for you and your child to learn from each other and work together while trying out new things.
Our fun sessions for ages 5-9 are designed to engage children and their families with STEM: science, technology, engineering and maths. Through entertaining demos and hands-on activities, children have a chance to learn, explore, question and investigate different areas of science. Each month has a different theme, so you can try something new each time if you attend regularly.
Our skilled staff ensure that every child can access the activities and differentiate to engage all children.
If your child has specific additional needs, please get in touch via eve[email protected] to discuss how they can be best supported.
Science Oxford is committed to inclusion, and we recognise that cost is sometimes a barrier so are working with schools and community groups to provide funded places to individuals to remove the barriers where we can.
Food / drink – Emira’s Kitchen café is open on Saturdays, from 10am-4pm, serving hot and cold drinks, snacks and light lunches. Visitors are also welcome to bring their own refreshments and snacks to eat at our indoor or outdoor lunch tables.
Bike Parking: This is available on site
Car Parking: Available on Saturdays at the Centre (occasional limited availability depending on capacity). Please see here for information on alternative parking and how to get here.
Contact us [email protected] if you require parking for accessibility reasons.
- Visitors and staff may choose to wear face coverings inside the Centre
- The Science Oxford Centre is well ventilated, with windows and doors open (where appropriate)
- Hand sanitizer is available on entry, exit and throughout the Centre
- If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day (you can do this yourself via Eventbrite or contact us if you have any issues)
Phone: 01865 810000
Email [email protected]
Ticket booking: For information on our refund policy and event terms and conditions visit here. If you cannot attend, you can request a refund or transfer your ticket to another day yourself via Eventbrite.
Visiting information Science Oxford Centre visiting information and FAQs on our website here.
Science Oxford Centre
Quarry Rd, Headington, Oxford, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page