Saturday Science Club (Oxford) – Rocket Power (ages 5-9)
3, 2, 1 – it’s time for Blast Off! Young engineers experiment with rocket power at this month’s fun Club. Try propelling objects using Isaac Newton’s famous Laws of Motion, and launching a rocket mouse with empty plastic bottles and air power! It’s Up, Up and Away as we make and improve balloon-powered rocket cars, and experiment with bicarbonate of soda, vinegar and lemon juice to find the fizziest fuel; what will be the best combination to launch your rocket outside? It IS rocket science!
What is included in your ticket:
- 90 minute club session for one child and accompanying adult
- Access to:
– the woodland and outdoor areas from 10AM-5PM
– the outdoor Water Lab – a change of clothes is recommended!
- Parking (limited availability, see below for details)
What is NOT included:
- Access to the Exploration Zone
- The Cafe is currently closed
All Saturday Club sessions must be accompanied by an adult. These family workshops are designed for you and your child to learn from each other and work together while trying out new things.
Our fun sessions for ages 5-9 are designed to engage children and their families with STEM: science, technology, engineering and maths. Through entertaining demos and hands-on activities, children have a chance to learn, explore, question and investigate different areas of science. Each month has a different theme, so you can try something new each time if you attend regularly.
Our skilled staff ensure that every child can access the activities and differentiate to engage all children.
If your child has specific additional needs, please get in touch via [email protected] to discuss how they can be best supported.
Science Oxford is committed to inclusion and we recognise that cost is sometimes a barrier, and so funded places are available for families who need them. To find out more and to book one of these places, please contact [email protected]
The Cafe is currently closed. Bring a picnic or refreshments: We do not have a café in operation on the weekends at the moment. Apologies for any inconvenience. Families are welcome to bring picnics and snacks to eat at our lunch tables.
Water Lab: This outdoor exhibit allows visitors to carry out a range of water-based play, investigation and problem-solving activities. We advise bringing a change of dry clothes in case you get wet. Children must be supervised by their adult at all times.
Bike Parking: This is available on site
Car Parking: This is only available on the weekends (not on weekdays). Please see here for information on alternative parking and how to get here.
Contact us [email protected] if you require parking for accessibility reasons. If travelling far, we recommend visiting on a Saturday, when parking is usually available on site.
- We recommend booking tickets in advance
- We request that visitors wear face coverings inside the Centre (age 11+)
- We have reduced capacities for our indoor activities
- The Science Oxford Centre will be well ventilated, with windows and doors open
- Hand sanitizer is available upon entering, inside and on exiting the Science Oxford Centre
- If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day (you can do this yourself via Eventbrite or contact us if you have any issues).
Phone: 01865 810000
Email [email protected]
Ticket booking: For information on our refund policy and event terms and conditions visit here. If you cannot attend, you can request a refund or transfer your ticket to another day yourself via Eventbrite.
Visiting information Science Oxford Centre visiting information and FAQs on our website here.
Science Oxford Centre
Quarry Rd, Headington, Oxford, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page