Sold out: Robot Camp: Mission to Mars (ages 9–12)
Our Summer Robot Camp is back and this year we are venturing to Mars!
This summer holiday camp is for children aged 9 to 12 who love robotics and would like the opportunity to build their own robot, plus learn lots of new skills in coding, design, and much, much more.
Over the five days, our young robot enthusiasts will investigate how robots could be designed to work on the red planet and how this will influence their robot design. Is it cold? Is it rocky? Are there craters to navigate?
They will solder, wire up, screw together their own robot and then program it to drive around using a BBC micro:bit. They will also create a green screen film and presentation to show off their robots and what they’ve discovered about Mars.
On the Friday afternoon, family members are invited to join the robot enthusiasts for a planetarium show as well as showcasing their films and presentations. Robots can be taken home at the end of the week.
What’s included in the price:
- A week-long camp in the summer holidays from 9.00–15.30 from 8th–12th August 2022 at the Science Oxford Centre, Headington.
- The camp is led by our experienced Science Oxford staff.
- Supervised early drop-off from 08.30 and supervised late pick-up until 16.00.
- All materials to build a robot to take home at the end of the week (including BBC micro:bit).
- A chance to spend time in the fantastic new Science Oxford Centre Exploration Zone, the woodland and our newest exhibit, the Water Lab.
- Free planetarium show for the whole family on the Friday afternoon.
- We have six funded free places, please email events[email protected] to apply.
- Please bring a packed lunch and water bottle.
- Children will need suitable clothing for both indoors and outdoors. A spare change of clothes is recommended if using the Water Lab.
- Science Oxford welcomes all children to our camps. If your child has additional needs, please email us on [email protected] to see how we can best support your child to make the most of the camp.
Science Oxford Centre
Quarry Road, Headington, Oxford, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page