Robocamp (ages 10-13) – SOLD OUT
A cybertastic summer holiday camp for children who love robotics and would like the opportunity to build their own robot, plus learn loads of new skills in coding, design, 3D printing and more.
Over five days, our young robot enthusiasts will design, build and programme a complete working robot. Along the way they’ll learn how to programme a BBC micro:bit using the coding language Python, create both 2D designs and 3D models and bring them to life using a Cricut machine and a 3D printer. They will learn how wheel size and gear ratios affect a robot’s driving ability and learn how to solder so they can put together a circuit board.
On the afternoon of Friday 9th June, parents and guardians are invited to come and see what their children have been making and cheer them on in a set of challenges designed to test and show off the robots and their skillful creators.
What is included in the price:
• A week-long camp in the summer holiday 5th – 9th August 2019 led by our experienced staff, running from 09.00 – 16.30 daily.
• Supervised early drop-off from 08.30 and supervised late pick-up until 17.00.
• All materials (worth £80) to build a robot to take home at the end of the week (including x2 BBC micro:bits and a joystick controller)
*If your child already owns 2 BBC micro:bits and is bringing them along, please choose the cheaper ticket price.
• An optional additional day in October half-term where children can troubleshoot or improve on their robot.
• A chance to spend time in the fantastic new Science Oxford Centre Exploration Zone.
• Lunch – We are able to provide a lunch bag for your child for £5 per day if ordered in advance. It contains a sandwich, crisps, and fruit. Please indicate when booking if you wish to pre-order lunch and a member of the team will be in touch to discuss allergies.
If your child has additional needs, please contact us directly to discuss further before booking – 01865 810007
For ages 10-13
Science Oxford Centre
Stansfeld Park, Quarry Rd, Headington, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page