Nature Lab – Plants & Pollinators (ages 5-9)
In this month’s nature-themed Club, your busy bees will investigate ‘biodiversity’ in our woodland and meadows. Planet Earth is home to over 8.7 million species, and scientists and conservationists are still counting, categorising and discovering new ones every day. Our skilled staff will demonstrate techniques that will mean that even the littlest person can find awesome mini-beasts and document and identify all that you’ve found. Go sweeping with our bug nets to discover how many creatures live in different habitats around our Centre. The whole family can get involved in our Bee Game to learn how pollination supports our beautifully diverse ecosystem.
What is included in your ticket:
- 90 minute club session for one child and accompanying adult/s
- Access to:
– the woodland and outdoor areas from 10am – 3.30pm (site early close)
– the outdoor Water Lab – a change of clothes is recommended!
- Parking (limited availability, see below for details)
What is NOT included:
- Access to the Exploration Zone
All Saturday Club sessions must be accompanied by an adult. These family workshops are designed for you and your child to learn from each other and work together while trying out new things.
At Nature Lab you will be making the most of the beautiful surroundings at the Science Oxford Centre, exploring the natural world in different ways each month. With ponds, woodlands and meadows on our doorstep children can explore and investigate the plants and animals that live alongside us, discover the simple beauty of natural objects and learn how everything in an ecosystem is interconnected.
Our skilled staff ensure that every child can access the activities and differentiate to engage all children. If your child has specific additional needs, please get in touch via [email protected] to discuss how they can be best supported.
Science Oxford is committed to inclusion and we recognise that cost is sometimes a barrier, and so funded places are available for families who need them. To find out more and to book one of these places, please contact [email protected]
Bring a picnic / refreshments – Families are welcome to bring picnics and snacks to eat at our lunch tables.
Water Lab – This outdoor exhibit allows visitors to carry out a range of water-based play, investigation and problem-solving activities. We advise bringing a change of dry clothes in case you get wet. Children must be supervised by their adult at all times.
Bike Parking – This is available on site
Car Parking – This is only available on the weekends (not on weekdays). Please see here for information on alternative parking and how to get here.
Contact us if you require parking for accessibility reasons. If travelling far, we recommend visiting on a Saturday, when parking is usually available on site.
- We recommend booking tickets in advance
- We request that visitors wear face coverings inside the Centre (age 11+)
- We have reduced capacities for our indoor activities
- The Science Oxford Centre will be well ventilated, with windows and doors open
- Hand sanitizer is available upon entering, inside and on exiting the Science Oxford Centre
- If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day (you can do this yourself via Eventbrite or contact us if you have any issues).
Phone: 01865 810000
Email [email protected]
Ticket booking: For information on our refund policy and event terms and conditions visit here. If you cannot attend, you can request a refund or transfer your ticket to another day yourself via Eventbrite.
Visiting information Science Oxford Centre visiting information and FAQs on our website here.
Science Oxford Centre
Quarry Rd, Headington, Oxford, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page