Halloween Holiday Tech Club (ages 9-12)
Go Bats for Halloween Holiday Tech! Discover the amazing power of circuitry, have a go at soldering a spooky circuit board and create a glowing bat decoration to take home for Halloween! Fang-tastic.
Beginners welcome, accompanying grown-ups encouraged to join in too. Spooky outfits/ Bat-masks optional. See if you can spot our bat-boxes outside in the woodland!
- Not suitable for young children to attend because of the tools being used in the workshop
- Minimum 1 adult per 2 children
What is included in your ticket:
- 90 minute session for one child and accompanying adult
- Access to:
– the woodland and outdoor areas from 10:00AM-5.00PM
– the outdoor Water Lab – a change of clothes is recommended!
What is NOT included:
- Access to the Exploration Zone
- Parking (see below for details)
All sessions must be accompanied by an adult. These family workshops are designed for you and your child to learn from each other and work together while trying out new things.
Our fun sessions reflect real world scenarios as coders bring their projects to life with the latest tech gadgets, programming in a variety of languages depending on the session. We encourage creativity and self-led learning with themed projects, and practice patience and problem-solving skills in learning to debug computer code. Suitable for: beginners or advanced.
Our skilled staff ensure that every child can access the activities and differentiate to engage all children.
If your child has specific additional needs, please get in touch via [email protected] to discuss how they can be best supported.
Science Oxford is committed to inclusion, and we recognise that cost is sometimes a barrier so are working with schools and community groups to provide funded places to individuals to remove the barriers where we can.
Cafe – Light snacks and refreshments are available from the Cafe (check our website for opening times nearer the time.) Please note, lunchtime / peak time can be busy with a wait. Families are welcome to bring picnics and snacks to eat at our lunch tables.
Water Lab – This outdoor exhibit allows visitors to carry out a range of water-based play, investigation and problem-solving activities. We advise bringing a change of dry clothes in case you get wet. Children must be supervised by their adult at all times.
Bike Parking – This is available on site
Car Parking – There is no car parking available on site during the week. Please see here for information on alternative parking and how to get here.
Contact us [email protected] if you require parking for accessibility reasons. If travelling far, we recommend visiting on a Saturday, when parking is usually available on site.
Ticket booking: For information on our refund policy and event terms and conditions visit here. If you cannot attend, you can request a refund or transfer your ticket to another day yourself via Eventbrite.
- Visitors and staff may choose to wear face coverings inside the Centre
- The Science Oxford Centre is well ventilated, with windows and doors open (where appropriate)
- Hand sanitizer is available on entry, exit and throughout the Centre
- If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day (you can do this yourself via Eventbrite or contact us if you have any issues)
Phone: 01865 810000
Email [email protected]
Visiting information Science Oxford Centre visiting information and FAQs on our website here.
Science Oxford Centre
Quarry Rd, Headington, Oxford, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page