Half Term Tech Day – Junk Robots (ages 9-12) (28 Oct)
Join us at the Science Oxford Centre for a special Half Term Tech Day and make amazing moving robots from junk. Design and assemble your robot from recycled and pre-loved materials, switch it on and watch it Go. Take our robo-challenges such as driving in a straight line, rolling over obstacles, and even a bout of robot SUMO! Learn about circuits and glow up your robot with lights and buzzers to see who can come up with the coolest design.
Tickets include a 30 minute session in the Exploration Zone.
Half Term Tech Days are unaccompanied;
Please note drop off times are as follows:
Early drop off from 8.30am
Late pick up until 4pm
Bring a packed lunch & water bottle – lunch may be outside, so bring suitable outdoor footwear and a coat.
Participants will be given supervised access to the internet to search for inspiration and pictures.
For information on our terms and conditions visit here.
Our half term Tech Days will be attended in person at the Science Oxford Centre. If the workshop date or description changes due to Covid-19 restrictions, we will get in touch to explain the changes and give you the option of a full refund or rescheduling of your ticket.
Science Oxford welcomes all children to our clubs. If you or your child has additional needs, please get in touch to discuss how we can best support your child to make the most of the club at [email protected].
Science Oxford is committed to inclusion and we recognise that cost is sometimes a barrier. Funded places for eligible families are now available, thanks to the Austin and Hope Pilkington Trust. Families could be eligible for these places for several reasons; for example, if your child receives free school meals or is a looked-after child. To find out more and to book one of these places, please contact [email protected].
The health and well-being of our visitors and staff is our highest priority. Following Government guidance, here are some steps we are taking to keep you safe:
- All tickets must still be booked in advance.
- Inside the Science Oxford Centre will be kept well ventilated with doors and windows open.
- Regular cleaning will take place throughout the day.
- Face coverings are not required but are recommended for visitors inside the Centre (age 11+).
- Hand sanitizer is available upon entering and exiting the Science Oxford Centre.
- There is car parking and bike racks available for all visitors on weekends to reduce the need to take public transport.
- Full contact details of those booking a ticket are required to comply with test and trace. QR codes for the Test & Trace app are available upon entry to the centre.
- If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day (you can do this yourself via Eventbrite or contact us if you have any issues).
For more details about the Science Oxford Centre and what we are doing to keep you safe, please call us on 01865 810 000, [email protected] or see Science Oxford Centre visitor information.
Science Oxford Centre
Quarry Rd, Headington, Oxford, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page