Creative Computing Club – Shake it Out (Ages 9-12) Sold Out
Young coders hit all the right notes and programme a BBC micro:bit to play some cool beats in our fun music-themed session. If you’ve ever wondered how a mobile phone or tablet knows which way is up, it’s all down to an accelerometer – and we’ll be coding the touch-sensitive gadget to play sounds from different movements. So when our movers and shakers all get together, they’ll make a chart-topping orchestra of noise!
For more details please visit Science Oxford Centre visitor information.
Science Oxford is committed to inclusion and we recognise that cost is sometimes a barrier. Funded places for eligible families are now available, thanks to the Austin and Hope Pilkington Trust. Families could be eligible for these places for several reasons; for example, if your child receives free school meals or is a looked-after child. To find out more and to book one of these places, please contact [email protected].
For information on our terms and conditions visit here.
Science Oxford welcomes all children to our clubs. If you or your child has additional needs, please get in touch on [email protected] to discuss how we can best support your child to make the most of the club.
The health and well-being of our visitors and staff is our highest priority. Following Government recommendations to minimise the risk of person-to-person transmission of Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- All places on the workshop must be booked in advance.
- There are car parking spaces and bike racks available for all visitors.
- We will be operating at a reduced capacity with only 6 children per session. Each child must be accompanied by only one adult, who must stay with their child during the session.
- All visitors must sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the building.
- Desks in our computer room have been widely spaced to allow social distancing.
- All families will have their own named desk during the session.
- Tea and coffee facilities will not be available, however you are welcome to bring your own, and can picnic on tables or on the grass before/after your booked session.
- Our staff will wear visors.
- The workshop leader will assist children with debugging their code using remote access to laptops.
- Face coverings are required inside the centre (age 11+).
- We will clean desks and laptops thoroughly between sessions.
- Full contact details of those booking a place are required to comply with test and trace.
- If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home.
Science Oxford Centre
Stansfeld Park, Quarry Rd, Headington, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page