Creative Computing Club – Bright Lights (ages 9-12)
Bright sparks can create brilliant micro:bit powered LED designs to light up the new year. Design your own light pattern algorithm using Python to create an interactive display – should they turn on in the dark, or only when it’s cold? You could program a bright rainbow design or make a blinking paper lantern to celebrate the Chinese year of the Rabbit!
What is included in your ticket:
- 90 minute club session for one child and accompanying adult
- Access to:
– the woodland and outdoor areas from 10AM-4.30PM
- Parking (limited availability, see below for details)
What is NOT included:
- Access to the Exploration Zone
All Saturday Club sessions must be accompanied by an adult. These family workshops are designed for you and your child to learn from each other and work together while trying out new things.
Our fun sessions reflect real world scenarios as coders bring their projects to life with the latest tech gadgets, programming in a variety of languages depending on the session. We encourage creativity and self-led learning with themed projects, and practice patience and problem-solving skills in learning to debug computer code. Suitable for: beginners or advanced.
Our skilled staff ensure that every child can access the activities and differentiate to engage all children.
If your child has specific additional needs, please get in touch via [email protected] to discuss how they can be best supported.
Science Oxford is committed to inclusion, and we recognise that cost is sometimes a barrier so are working with schools and community groups to provide funded places to individuals to remove the barriers where we can.
Food / drink – Emira’s Café is now open on Saturdays, from 10am-3:45pm, serving hot and cold drinks, snacks and light lunches. Visitors are also welcome to bring their own refreshments and snacks to eat at our indoor or outdoor lunch tables.
Bike Parking – This is available on site
Car Parking – This is only available on the weekends (not on weekdays). Please see here for information on alternative parking and how to get here.
Contact us [email protected] if you require parking for accessibility reasons. If travelling far, we recommend visiting on a Saturday, when parking is usually available on site.
Ticket booking: For information on our refund policy and event terms and conditions visit here. If you cannot attend, you can request a refund or transfer your ticket to another day yourself via Eventbrite.
- Visitors and staff may choose to wear face coverings inside the Centre
- The Science Oxford Centre is well ventilated, with windows and doors open (where appropriate)
- Hand sanitizer is available on entry, exit and throughout the Centre
- If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day (you can do this yourself via Eventbrite or contact us if you have any issues)
Phone: 01865 810000
Email [email protected]
Visiting information Science Oxford Centre visiting information and FAQs on our website here.
Science Oxford Centre
Quarry Rd, Headington, Oxford, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page