Take your camera or phone into the great outdoors in and around Headington and start snapping – it’s time for our children’s wildlife photography competition!
Wildlife is all around us – in the trees, under a rock, in a puddle or up in the sky. The natural world is amazing and our new photography competition wants to celebrate that. We want you to photograph the wildlife of Headington – to capture the bugs, the birds, the plants (even the worms if you have some) that live on your doorstep. Your photograph must be taken on a digital camera, phone or tablet and can be of anything related to the theme of ‘Wildlife.
Unfortunately, pets, farm animals, siblings and cultivated plants do not count as wild animals, however unruly they may seem!)
There are two age categories. A winner and two runner-ups will be chosen in each category:
- 4-7 years-old
- 8 -11 year-olds
The best photographs will form part of a special exhibition at Headington Festival 2018, where there will be an official announcement of the winners and runner-ups.
We have some exciting prizes for the winners:
- Winner in each category recieves a copy of the Natural History Museum’s Wildlife Photographer of the Year Portfolio 27 (which features 100 of the world’ best wildlife photographs from the past year) plus a copy for their school library.
- Runners-up will receive an animal encyclopaedia.
All the photographs included in the festival exhibition will also be displayed at the Science Oxford Centre in Headington Quarry, which is due to open in September 2019.
- We request one photographic entry per person. Choose the one you are most proud of and email it to us at [email protected]
- Your photograph must be taken in or around Headington
- Your photograph should be taken on a digital camera, tablet or phone, on a high-resolution (300 dpi +) setting if possible (but not essential.)
- When you are emailing your competition image to us, please give it a title and write a very brief description of it. For example, ‘A frog I found in my back garden.’ Your description will help our judges to understand why you took the image.
- Tell us your name, age and address – and what school you go to. (You should go to school or live in or around Headington.)
How to enter
Send your entries to [email protected] by Monday 21st May 2018.
(Please note the photos could be shared on our website, twitter, facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.)
Visit www.headingtonfestival.co.uk for more information about the festival.
Download the festival PDF here HeadingtonFest_A5_Programme2018_5.
In partnership with Headington Action