Family Open Days back next spring
Visit our Science Oxford Centre this spring for a unique science-themed experience for families. Explore, discover and play in the Exploration Zone, where children can get their brain buzzing and have a go at a range of fun hands-on exhibits. Try and beat the Scarf-shooter, build a giant Magnetic Marble Run, see bugs close-up under our easy-to-use Microscopes and see what’s hot and what’s not with our Curious Camera.
Bring your wellies and enjoy some fresh air in our 15-acre woodland, just pick up an activity sheet and follow the trails to spot the wildlife, native trees and shrubs and enjoy busy pond-life from the decking.
Your ticket includes two hours in the Exploration Zone and access to woodland all day – we’ll be announcing spring dates to book ahead soon.
The health and well-being of our visitors and staff is our highest priority. Following Government recommendations to minimise the risk of person-to-person transmission of Coronavirus (COVID-19) here are some steps we are taking to keep you safe:
Please follow government guidelines if travelling between tiers. Due to the latest government advice, those with tier 3 postcodes are no longer able to attend – if you have already booked, we have issued you a refund, please allow 5 working days for this to be processed by your bank. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
• All tickets must be booked in advance.
• All visitors must adhere to the rule of six (includes under 3s)
• There’s car parking and bike racks available for all visitors.
• We will be operating at a reduced capacity per session.
• All visitors must sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the Science Oxford Centre.
• Exhibits in the Exploration Zone have been widely spaced to allow for social distancing.
• Our staff will wear visors or face masks in the centre.
• Face coverings are required for visitors inside the centre (age 11+).
• We will clean everything regularly and replace hands-on exhibit accessories between sessions.
• Full contact details of those booking a ticket are required to comply with test and trace. QR codes for the Test & Trace app are available upon entry to the centre.
• The café is closed until further notice but you are welcome to bring packed lunches and refreshments on site. We have outdoor tables available for public use.
• If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day.
For information on our terms and conditions visit here.
Prices: £6 per person or £20 for a family ticket (4 people, must include 1 adult) under 3s free.
Before your visit you’ll receive an email with helpful information about how to have a safe and enjoyable day out at the Science Oxford Centre.
Science Oxford Centre
Stansfeld Park, Quarry Rd, Headington, OX3 8SB
Back to previous page