‘Exploring Evolution’ and ‘Scientists in School’ CPD courses
Thanks to funding from the Evolution Education Trust, Science Oxford has these two new FREE twilight CPD sessions available to teachers:
10 Free sessions are available on a first come first served basis.
Exploring Evolution is based on research from the Milner Centre for Evolution which provides evidence for how teachers should approach the teaching of this subject to best develop children’s understanding. The session includes a range of easy to implement practical activities that enable children to progress from observations of adaptations (Year 2) to understanding why this happens (Year 6).
- Understanding the progression of science concepts from adaptation to inheritance, variation, natural selection and evolution.
- Provision of easy to implement practical activities that allow children to deepen their understanding of these concepts and provide opportunities for the development of working scientifically skills.
Scientists in School provides teachers with a range of ideas, resources and contacts for bringing scientists into their schools and how best to work with them to raise children’s science capital.
- Understanding the concept of science capital and how teachers can develop it for their children.
- Different ways of working with scientist visitors to your classroom and interactive activities and approaches that can be used with/by them to develop children’s science capital.
- How to find and make contact with scientists to visit your classroom.
If you’re a teacher interested in booking a CPD session please contact us on [email protected]
Twilight – 1.5 hours (for each session)
Price – FREE (for the first 10 sessions booked)
Suitable for Teaching staff, ECTs, TAs, science co-ordinators
Back to previous page